Thursday, April 29, 2010

I did that?

I went in for my week 4 weigh in and have lost another 5.3 lbs. I'm down 20.3 lbs in 4 weeks. It's hard for me to wrap my head around this!

This has not been without struggles. This past week, I was very hungry and one night I cooked some porkchops for the family (note: I haven't cooked since going on this diet) and it smelled so good that I cheated and had a small bite of a porkchop. I also had fat free creamer in my coffee 2x on the weekend. These are definitely not on my plan. I was thinking I would be lucky to lose 1 lb. but just over 5?! Wow.

A couple of days ago, a friend asked my husband and I over for dinner. THEY had ribs, coleslaw and biscuits. I brought my program food to eat and they felt so bad for me. I don't want people to feel sorry for me and I don't want them to feel uncomfortable eating in front of me. I just want to get on with life. The next day, I got an email from my friend thanking us for coming to dinner and said after we left, her husband told her that he was just amazed at my willpower. She gave me kudos and told me what an inspiration I am to her. Me - an inspiration? It was a nice boost.

I'm still trying to figure out a way to have a healthy relationship with food. It seems like I think about food all the time. I saw a KFC commercial the other night and was practically drooling over their new chicken sandwich without a bun. The perfect sandwich for me! 2 fried chicken breasts with bacon, cheese, lettuce and tomato sandwiched in between. I've never really been a bread person and typically peel most of the bun off my sandwiches. I know deep down that I can never have this sandwich, even when I'm off the plan. I'm one of those people who you give an inch and I want to eat the whole mile.

So anyway, we are going camping this weekend. It's supposed to be fairly decent - in the 70's and only a chance of rain Friday night after midnight. We are excited to get more camping in because we just bought a new camper last fall. We went from a 1982 popup to a 2005 hybrid camper with a bathroom! Gotta love the potty in the camper!

It's also my daughter's 16th birthday tomorrow and I am taking her to the Secretary of State office in the morning to get her driver's license. Yes, she gets to skip a bit of school. Hey - it's her birthday! I'm a bit nervous turning over the keys to the car and trusting her to do ok, but she really is a fairly good driver. Not so good at directions, but she does a decent job driving.

Well, it's off to bed and on to another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment